BEAT tHE BUZZER 2018
Weinstein Beverage will host qualifying a 2 hour long round at each of the participating Sweet Sixteen retailers (qualifying round locations; dates and times are listed below). In order to qualify for the final the contestant must make 25 baskets in 60 seconds; contestants may attempt to qualify multiple times at multiple retailers. If a qualifying contestants wishes to participate in the final head to head contest for the $1,000 Grand Prize, held March 31st, 2018 at Pybus Market in Wenatchee, the contestant MUST register online 72 hours (3 days) prior to the finals (registration link below). Upon successful registration finalists will receive an email confirming their participation along with additional check-in details for the day of the event. Finalists failing to check-in with forfeit their initial match and their opponent will automatically advance to the next round.
Sweet Sixteen Qualifying Round Details:
- Thursday, March 8th 3-5 pm at Hank's Harvest Foods in Twisp
- Friday, March 9th 1-3 pm at Akin's Harvest Foods in Quincy
- Friday, March 9th 3-5 pm at El Mercado in Quincy
- Friday, March 9th 3-5pm at Frontier Foods in Oroville
- Thursday, March 15th 3-5pm at Beyers Market in Tonasket
- Friday, March 16th 3-5pm at Lep-Re-Kon Harvest Foods in Mattawa
- Friday, March 16th 3-5pm at Brewster Market in Brewster
- Thursday, March 22nd 3-5pm at Royal City Harvest Foods in Royal City
- Friday, March 23rd 3-5pm at Okanogan Market in Okanogan
- Thursday, March 29th 3-5pm at Nespelem Trading Post in Nespelem
- Friday, March 30th at Caso's Country Foods in Okanogan
- Friday, March 30th at Martin's Marketplace in Cashmere
Final Details (March 31st at Pybus Market in Wenatchee, WA):
Once finalist registration is completed Weinstein Beverage will seed each contestant, based on their qualifying score and qualifier round location, for the final head to head match-ups. The head to head bracket will be posted at the event, along with time windows, and will be available to download on this webpage the day of the event. For each head to head the finalists will have 60 seconds to make as many baskets as they can; in the event of the tie the match out will progress to a sudden death shootout where contestants will go shot for shot until one of them misses a basket. In the event that the sudden death round lasts for longer than 10 rounds contestants will settle the match with a game of rock, paper, scissors with the winning contestant advancing to the next round. Once the final four contestants are selected each head to head match-up will consist of three head to head rounds of 60 seconds each, the winner of the best of three match-ups will advance to the finals and the remaining two contestants will hold another head to head (three match ups) to determine the 3rd place winner. In the event of tied match-up in the finals, that results in no winner, both contestants will compete in a sudden death shootout to determine the winner.
The first place winner will receive $1,000 (taxes are applicable), the second place winner will receive a $200 Live Nation gift card, the third place winner will receive four day passes to either Slidewaters Waterpark in Chelan, WA or Surf 'n Slide Water Park in Moses Lake, WA (their choice).